Some Habits that We do in Our Daily Life but can be Detrimental for Our Health.
- Checking Social networking sites, emails at night-
To check email in nights can mess up our sleeping time and it’s not good sign for our health. Researchers of the US found that those who check their social media feed every time and in night also before bed, experience the greatest stress and lower health. Their condition get worse and this also has a bad impact on their personal relationships.
What to do- Set up timing to check Phone. It should be in break-free time when you are getting bored. After coming to home spend some quality time with your family. You should not check your mobile while going for sleep.
2. When you sit cross legged- Most of us has a habit to sitting cross legged because we consider it a comfy position. But that’s not true. this position can put stress on your hip joints and can cause pooling of blood in the legs when the veins are compressed, which could increase the risk of blood clot, says Cardiologist and Author, Dr Stephen Sinatra.
3. Using hand dryers- We all using hand dryers when we go to public toilets. But a recent study found that some hand dryers in public toilets can suck up faecal germs from bathroom and blow it back onto your clean hands.
What to do- Use a paper towel to dry your hands.
4. Drinking hot tea and coffee- People who drink very hot tea and coffee may increase their risk of Esophageal cancer, according to a study by the WHO.
What to do- Let your hot drinks be drinkable.
5. Excessive use of hair-dryers- Using this tool can cause adverse effects on the hair. It can burns and dehydrates hair, removes brightness, weaken the thread, ruins texture.
What to do- You can use it occasionally with low temperature.
6. Wearing sun block everyday- It’s said for many years that wearing sunscreen is vital, but now it seems sunscreen use of can block vitamin D of body, which could put you at higher risk of Osteoporosis and Heart disease. The reason is that body doesn’t get enough vitamin D.
What to do- While you are at home and when the sun is not too hot don’t use sunscreen, so that the body absorbs vitamin D and you save from harmful diseases.
7. Brushing teeth too hard- We all know that twice a day brushing is essential for healthy teeth, but if you brushing too ruthlessly can cause harm teeth. Not only it can damage enamel, make teeth decay, but also can damage your gums. This can cause sensitivity and increasing the risks of gum disease.
What to do- Choose a brush with medium bristles that removes all plaque and food debris properly so as not to damage the gums
8. Squeezing Pimples- It might be tempting to squeeze pimple, but when you press down the skin and you will get a scar on your face. Popping pimples opens the skin and infected bacteria can enter the dermis (the lower layer of skin) through your fingers. By doing this, your pimple doesn’t go but even left many spots on your face that might be harmful for your skin.
What to do- Don’t pop pimples. Take some ice-cubes wrap up them in a clean cotton cloth and rub on your skin. The result is your pimples will be reduce and there’s no spots.
9. Boiling milk again and again- Some people have a habit of boiling milk again and again, they believe that by doing this the milk will be fresh and will not get contaminated. But it is wrong to boil milk again and again as it destroys the nutrients. And when we consume it it adversely affects our health.
What to do- Just one boil is enough to get nutrients.